On 17 December 2020, Fr. General appointed a new SIX member Advisory Committee (AC) for SJES comprising of two women, two laymen and two Jesuits, who will work with the Secretary of SJES. Until now, the AC membership was restricted to Jesuits. In his appointment letter Father General says, “Given the need to respond collectively to global challenges, articulated so well in the Universal Apostolic Preferences, I feel it is essential that we work jointly.”
The new members are:
1. Ms. Sue Martin from Australia is the Project officer for Reconciliation with Creation and Coordinator for Ecology works of the Asia Pacific Jesuit Conference.
2. Sr. Daphne Sequeira, RSCJ from India now living in Rome, is a General Team member of her Congregation Society of the Sacred Heart. She has been involved in the empowerment of women in India for many years.
3. Mr. Luis Arancibia from Spain is the Delegate of Social Apostolate for Spanish Province. He collaborated with the SJE Secretariat at various times since 2008, especially during the SJES Congress in Nov. 2019
4. Mr. Christopher G. Kerr from US is the Executive Director of Ignatian Solidarity Network that works with the School and University students in US and Canada. ISN trains and advocates for social justice and leadership.
5. Fr. José Yuraszeck SJ from Santiago, Chile is the General Chaplain of Hogar de Cristo in Chile, Delegate of Social Apostolate for Chilean Province and President of the Board of Directors of Techo-Chile and Fundación Vivienda.
6. Fr. Lado Ludovic SJ from Cameroon now working in N’Djaména, Tchad. He is the Director of Centre for studies and Training for development (CEFOD).
We warmly welcome each one of them to help the Secretariat with their vast experience of working with the poor and the marginalized, their knowledge and expert advice.